Friday, October 10, 2008

Cleaning, Cookies and Cleaning

I've been a cleanin' fool today and I'm not even finished. (Deep breath in...) I still have my room, the bathroom and the laundry room to finish up. (And, deep breath out...) My sweet friend Summer told me about this great web site, FlyLady.net, and I LOVE IT! I don't know about you, but I need inspiration every now and then and honestly more than that. Just that extra shove to get me goin'. The Fly Lady has so many great ideas and tips I can't wait to implement them into my everyday. Check her out!!
MMMM...YuuuuMMMy...

I just made yummy, yummy, 00ey, goooey Snickerdoodles. I seriously could eat them all myself, but I won't, no, I won't! (Sigh) But I could, it's sick I know.
Oh no, my girls just came out of their room...They smelled the cookies! Guess I'll have to share:)


Here's the recipe to these wonderful Snickerdoodles that I'd love to share with you...

**Notice the grease spot on the page? It's butter, of course. My Betty Crocker cookbook is in rare form. I've had it for 12 years! The pages are falling out, but only in the cookie section(HEHE!) I haven't used many, if any, of the other recipes in the cookbook although I'm sure they're great...


  1. Heat the oven to 400'
  2. Mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar, margarine, shortening and eggs in large bowl (I use 1 cup of butter instead of margarine or shortening). Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
  3. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set (I bake for 9 minutes). Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
There it is. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...