Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Him and Me= Forever...

Gosh, I see all these beautiful, well written blogs and I feel so insignificant. I’m such a rookie at this blogging thing.
The kids all stayed the night with some friends last night so Steve and I went on a long overdue date. We went out to dinner for some Mexican food where Steve made me laugh at everything as usual. Then we went to see “Get Smart” with Steve Corell. If you haven’t seen it I would recommend it. Very funny! It was a clear, warm night so after the movie we came home and sat outside in our lawn chairs under the stars. It was very sweet until Diego, our oh so sweet pit bull, decided that he needed to be up with one of us…Of course after attempting with Steve he chose me. Of course there was also Dozer, our huge lab who laid on his bed that Steve brought out. So, there we were under the stars, Me, Diego and Steve and Dozer with the Big Dipper shining bright! It was sweet and romantic and I loved it! Even after 12 years the thoughtfulness of my husband never ceases to surprise me. Oh, how I do love him!

It’s a beautiful, hot summer day today. It’s supposed to get up to around 103° and tomorrow hotter still, up to 106°. Pheww that’s hot! Our date continued this morning when Steve and I rode our bikes to breakfast, the ride was a total of 16 miles on what they call The Greenway. The fact that we rode this far is funny because we ride cruisers, Steve’s doesn’t even have gears and I’m in my high wedge sandals and have my biggest hoop earrings in. We’re passing by some serious Mtn. bike riders who are wearing the whole garb. You know the spandex shorts and sponsored shirts, helmets with rear view mirrors and don’t forget the IPOD on the arm. Not us, we’re out in our everyday clothes riding, I’ll say it again, 16 miles! HOLY COW!




The ride is beautiful though, it makes you feel like you’re in the country, well sort of. I would love to actually be in the country, with horses, maybe some cattle, a barn. I would maybe be sipping some lemonade on the porch swing listening to the kid’s laughter and smelling horses in the field. I miss the smell of horses! We’ll see, maybe someday…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...