Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Precious Time in this Beautiful Day!

This is my first sunflower to bloom, I took this picture last night
Good mornin’! Today is going to be a good day! I’m not sure why or how I’m just trying to kick it off with a smile, like the sunflower that you see above, bright, cheery beautiful. I’ve already gone on a brisk walk with Diego, my pit bull, I’ve watered the front yard, picked up dog doo (eeww!) and I’m only on my first cup of coffee. It’s all downhill from here, right? Yeah we’ll see.
I’ve made today ironing day for me. I’ve been so horrible about ironing my Manly’s shirts and pants. BAD WIFE! This is something that I love to do for him, when I do it, if
I do it at all. So today I’m going to do it! I think I can, I think I can. Lord give me the gumption!
You know what I realize from time to time and then forget and then realize again. Just how much precious time that I waste on stupid, ridiculous stuff, I let it get to me and then I’m crabby and then I’m treating my family bad. I hate it when I do this! One of my favorite authors, Emilie Barnes, is always reminding her readers to not let time slip away while you clean. Your children grow up so fast and before you know it they’re grown. Do you want them to remember a clean, perfect house or a Mommy who played with them, read to them and who always made time for them? Boy oh boy do I have work to do in this area! I need balance big time!
What areas in your life could use some balancing? Come on join me, don’t let me wallow alone.
P.S. I plan on posting before and after pictures of the ironing. Because I'm sure to be proud. Stay tuned…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...