Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sisters

This was taken I think in 2003? I found them like this upstairs all dressed up, sisters...(Are you diggin' the green shag!)
I forgot to mention yesterday that on Sunday my oldest daughter, Abbigail, called from my Dad's sobbing and wanting to come home. She was completely homesick. I don't know about any of you but I remember that feeling all too well and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. So I asked her to be a very big girl, go to church with Grandma and then call me afterwards.
I got off the phone, in tears of course. My sweet girl needed me and I couldn't do anything about it.
About an hour or so later I got the call. She sounded better but she definitely still wanted to come home. I asked if Emelie was doing okay and if she wanted to come home also. She put Emelie on the phone. I talked with her and she was doing absolutely fine and wanted to stay. (I admit I was kinda sad about this.)
My girls were going to be apart for the first time in a VERY long time. I can't even remember the last time.
It turned out that my sister-in-law was driving through and was able to pick Abbie up for us. Now she's home, safe and sound.
Safe, sound and bored! Abbie doesn't know what BORED is. She always has a friend, a best friend, her sister. First thing Monday morning Abbie's wanting to call her sister. I couldn't believe it! It made me happy that she was in this position to realize the gift that she has been given.
There's a special bond that only sisters share and I'm blessed to witness it.
Now here I am along with Abbie missing my other sweet girl...she's probably catching bugs right now because that's what she does. Stay tuned for the room reveal later on today! Until then...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...