Wednesday, July 23, 2008

THIS IS ME...

Just so you know right off I’m not one of those bloggers that has a degree in English or Journalism or anything close. I’m an imperfect writer so please forgive the many mistakes I’m sure to make, just an FYI for the future. I’m a mother, I’ve always written journals and poetry. I keep a journal for each of my children and also one for myself, so I thought I’d give blogging a try. I’m brand new to it and I’ve found that it’s kind of scary, but I love it. Okay, I’ll admit I’ve become a bit addicted to it. It’s so great to find other women who are kindred spirits.
I’m married to an incredible man who never ceases to amaze me! He’s 8, count ‘em, 8 years older than I. We married when I was 18 and he was 26. Our love story will have to be told someday in another post, I’ll just say now that it was a whirl wind of a time that I wouldn’t change for the world. We’re going on 12 years of marriage and I’m more in love with him today than ever before! As said in Jerry McGuire, he “Completes Me.”
We had our first child, a son Austin, 4 days before our first year anniversary. Yes, that means I got pregnant only 3 months into our marriage. My idea! All I ever had to do was think about getting pregnant and BAM! I now realize what a blessing this is after having so many dear friends go through years of wanting and waiting. My heart hurts for them but I know that God has an incredible plan for them.
When our sweet little boy turned 2 ½ we had our second little one. A girl, Abbigail. She literally came out of the womb looking like she had a black wig on. I’m not kidding SO MUCH HAIR! What an amazing birth, when we went home, the rebel that I am, I started cleaning the house. I just felt so good, so refreshed. It was totally the Lord! I told Steve, aka Big Daddy, that I would be happy to go through the pregnancy, the delivery the whole shebang all over again. He gave me a crazy look. The, you’re kidding right?, look. I don’t know about your husbands, but my husband always had a rush of anxiety come over him whenever I told him that I was pregnant. He’s the provider after all.
Abbie had hair down past her waste by the time she was one, I’m not even kidding! When she was 1 ½ I had her little sister, Emelie. Our 3rd child in 4 years of marriage! So pretty much I was pregnant for 3 out of the 4 years that I had been married, that’s how it felt anyway.
A year and a half after Abbie, little Emelie, aka MEME, was also born with a head FULL of black hair. Abbie was so excited to see her little sister she cried and cried until she got to hold her. Best friends from the start! Austin wasn’t as interested but he truly is the best big brother ever.
After Emelie was born Steve and I definitely felt complete. I’m sure some of you have felt this, I just felt finished without guilt. And so we were.

We haven’t done anything permanent but we plan to, like I said before all I have to do it think about getting pregnant and I am. In fact I just called our insurance to inquire about a surgery that Emelie needs and while I had the gal on the phone I casually asked how much of a vasectomy they cover. She replied, “all you have to pay is $30.” I looked over at my husband, who was sitting across from me, and repeated, “Just $30 huh.” Steve turned three shades of white, it was very funny!
So it looks like I’ll be scheduling a vasectomy soon! HeeHee! Steve’s really fine with it, he just doesn’t like to talk about it AT ALL! (I’m smiling right now; I usually do laugh and/or smile at all the wrong times.)

Our children are now, 10 almost 11, 8 and 6 almost 7. I’ve homeschooled my children and loved it! But they now attend public school and they all are excelling wonderfully. I work 3 hours a day for the school district during the school year while the kids are in school and I love it! I’m currently attending college online to obtain a degree in education. We have 2 dogs, a lab and a pit bull. The lab fills my house with hair and they both fill my yard with poop! But they both bring laughter and joy every day. My life is truly blessed by God. I mean who doesn’t just love to pick up poo in their yard and the burn that it leaves in the grass is SO pretty! No really I am blessed.
I’m far, oh so far, from perfect as a mother, wife and anything else for that matter. I have a great case of ADD, which probably shines through in my writing. I’m a girly girl who loves to laugh, decorate, garden, thrift shop, make old things new, garage sale, sell things on ebay, amazon and craigslist and well there are probably too many other things more that I love to do so I’ll leave it at that. LITTLE KNOWN FACT ABOUT ME, or not: I’m in the habit of wearing a 4- inch heels at all times. If I could find them I would even wear tennis shoes with a heal. I had someone say to me once, “You’re really tall, are your kids tall?” (I’m only 5’4) I laughed and showed them my high heels; they claimed they never knew that I wore them. AWESOME! My husband is over 6 foot tall so my kids have somewhat of a chance, I hope.
I’m a Christian walking with JESUS on this bumpy, imperfect road they call LIFE. I hope that you enjoy reading about my journey as you know I will be reading about yours. I can’t wait to hear from you and get to know each other!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...