Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 2 Week Challenge 4 Myself


I don't know about you, but for me, I need a good reason to eat right and exercise. Simple "because its healthier" isn't a good enough reason for me. I rarely eat junk food, in fact I eat pretty healthy. Except of course the occasional brownie, Oreo, chocolate chip cookies, pizza sometimes, diet coke, crispy chicken sandwich, hmmm...Maybe I need to re-evaluate my eating?! I also rarely actually exercise, which is where I mostly go wrong. I'm really only about 5 pounds overweight, even though my dad would tell you I "could use to eat a cheeseburger." He's wrong, I need to lose 5 pounds!


Weighing myself, as you know, isn't my favorite thing to do. Its because I know what it does to my mind. Just like I know what certain mirrors do to me. Except my mirror of course. I LOVE my mirror. I thought I was lookin' real good until my mom was over and went in to use my mirror only to exclaim, "I love this mirror! It makes me look so good!" Grrr! There goes that.


I need a challenge! I need to make myself believe that I'm competing in order to finish something. For instance I sometimes set a time for when I will have the house clean. I am challenged to finish before that time.

Hmmm...

So what could my challenge be for getting into shape. One that I won't talk myself out of? No reunions coming up, no upcoming cruise...Why does Thanksgiving have to be so yummy?!


Hmmmm...


I titled this a 2 week challenge because I wanted to make it feasible, realistic.

So a 2 week challenge to lose 5 pounds, increase my daily exercise, and start eating healthier. I'll post my eating journal and time of daily exercise.

This should be good. I can do this. You're welcome to join in. I would love it if you did:)

I CAN do this, and so CAN you...


I received this wonderful scripture with a comment from my sweet Blog friend Tamara over at September Serendipity:


"Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments." Romans 11:33


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...