Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 22: I Must Confess

Day 22: Organizing starts within:

I was reading some of my old posts last night, and I have to say it wasn't the proudest moment for me.  Basically what it showed me was how often I say that I'm going to do something, and, for a while at least, I do it. Then I end up quitting.  Am I a quitter!?  What!?  No!  I can't stand when I see people quit something they've started.  I teach my kids not to ever quit once they've committed to finishing something!

Quitting is not a virtue that I desire to possess!  I lack self-control.  This is not an easy thing for me to admit...Maybe the goals I set for myself are too drastic?  I'm the "I want it now!" type of girl, which is not a good thing.  Patience is a virtue♥ When I want to lose weight, I don't want to lose just 1 pound a week, I want to lose 7 pounds in three days:)  I don't want to organize one closet at a time, I want to get the whole house done today! I have to face the fact that the goals I set just aren't realistic, they overwhelm me and then I quit.  Let me tell ya, I'm sick of it!  I really am, and I'm ashamed of myself. 
I realize that to find success overall, I need to focus on healing myself spiritually, mentally and physically. I don't want to be a quitter, that's not how I see myself at all!  I need to pray for patience, dedication endurance and self-control...In Jesus name.
Galatians 5:22,23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...