Monday, February 20, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye

Lately I've been reminiscing to back when my sweet kiddies were little.  It truly hurts my heart that they aren't so little anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I am so very proud of the young adults they are growing up to be, but I so long for the days of chubby hands, and little voices asking, "What's that Mommy?" or  "Look Mommy! I got dressed all by myself!" 


From left to right: Emelie 2 1/2 yr, Abbigail 4yr. & Austin 6yr  My sweet babies 8 years ago & it feels like just last week! 

A word of advice, and I know you've heard it a thousand, bazillion times, but I'm telling you CHERISH the moments you have with your children.  Hold tight to them, I'm speaking from experience when I say that time literally disappears right before your eyes.  Before you know it your sweet little boy who just yesterday was 5 years old holding your hand & depending on you for his everything, is going into high school...Your daughters who used to let you french braid their hair into cute little pig tails, and let you pick out their clothes, are now only inches away from passing you up in height and wouldn't dream of letting you pick out their clothes...

I'm so very proud of my sweet babies, the Lord has greatly blessed me♥ If I could go back in time and do it all over, I would absolutely do it in a heart beat!  If only to get to savor those moments, those milliseconds, with them even more than I did the first time... I can't go back of course, so you can bet I'm doing my best to savor the moments I have with them here and now, and I will always do my best to not take those times for granted! 

Linked up to:

Blog Hops Everyday and A Mommy's Blog Design Friday Blog Hop


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...