Saturday, August 23, 2008

My next 30 years...


I’ve been thinking all week about the fact that I’m turning 30, excuse me—oh sorry I forgot let me rephrase--about the fact that I’ve turned 30 (as of yesterday!). I’ve been reflecting on the last 30 years of my life, the events that have taken place and how it all has affected the person that I’ve become.
Last night I thought of my life thus far as a sort of garden. I’ve had more than my fair share of weeds, that’s a fact! I’ve been uprooted and replanted several times. I’ve bloomed and I’ve multiplied. The Master Gardener has seen to it that I’ve been well tended in spite of the rocky soil that I’ve encountered by chance and by choice.
Although all that I’ve been through hasn’t been perfect it is why I am who I am today. I have regrets but in those also there are blessings. I also see that there’s still so much to be done in this garden of me. Inside and all around me. I still have weeds to pull, ground to till, seeds to scatter and refreshing water to add to it all.
As the Tim McGraw song is titled, “My next 30 years…”
In my next 30 years I will grow stronger and sit up straighter.
I will stop putting things off saying that I’ll do it all later.
I will learn to say “no” when it’s what needs to be said.
I will try more to say "yes" to my children instead.
I will pay more attention to those that matter the most.
The Lord, my husband, my children, my family…Aah! The roast!
(Oops! Dang it I burned it again!)
I will be me always, even when it’s tough.
I will keep my eyes on the Lord at all times during the smooth and the rough.
I will love more, smile more, do for other more, and snuggle more.
I will eat less, stress less, get angry less and do laundry less?
Okay not the last one, I thought I’d give it a try at least.I will continue to strive to be my best of me before God, my husband, my children and all of those that I love and hold dear.
I will stop “sweating the small stuff.” In my twenties (2 days ago, you know...) this was an issue, but no more I tell you, no more. (haha!)
I will take this milestone with grace and press ahead into the coming years. I want to spend as much quality time laughing, crying and loving with all of those that hold a place in my heart. Especially my husband and my children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...