Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Two Nights

So the last few nights, for me, have been a NIGHTMARE, sing it with me in an opera-ish voice, "NIGHTMARE!"


Here we go--->The night before last, Sunday night, I couldn't sleep, tossing, and turning, my aching back. Steve had to open the store that next morning, so he was up around 3:30 am...as was I, still tossing and turning with an aching back! GRRRR....So my sweet, sweet husband asked if I'd like an Ibuprofen to which I answered yes, please and thank you. He brought me two little blue pills which I didn't recognize as Ibuprofen, but in my sleep deprived state I didn't ask, I just swallowed and laid back down.

Much to my surprise I must have fallen asleep because at almost 9 AM (this is very late for me!) I woke up, feeling very groggy and still very, very tired. THE BLUE PILLS! I realized that he gave me a PM form of pain reliever which clearly states that you should be able to devote at least 8 hours of sleep upon taking. HELLO, what was he thinking!? Sweet yes, but smart? Not so much.

I quickly got up and made a full pot of coffee, started some laundry and made my list of things to do. As the day went on my mood soured. I was a CRABBY PATTY for sure. I knew it, but I couldn't help it. It was horrible! Steve got home and I started a little bit of a fight, I was barking at the kids, it was bad people. Freakin' blue pills!

As it drew closer to bed time, I decided to take those blue pills so that I would actually sleep. But sleep I did not. They didn't even affect me, I guess because of all the darn coffee I had drank.? I was up until around 3:30AM doing whatever I could to relax and sleep, took a hot bath, read, got on the computer, nothing was working. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I was on the couch mind you, because I didn't want to keep Steve up with my erratic movements. The whole time I'm thinking, "Seriously?"

I wake up this morning (Tuesday) feeling okay, tired, but nothing coffee won't fix. But I learned my lesson, just a few cups this morning rather than the whole pot. I decide to go to the grocery store to get what I need for Thanksgiving, but before that I'll go to the fabric store and see if there's anything I might need...That's when I got the call. From the school, but wait the kids aren't in school? OH. MY. WORD! CONFERENCES!!!! DARN, STUPID, FROOTIN', TOOTIN', BLANKITY, BLANK, BLUE PILLS!


Right when I was thinking, yee-haw this is going to be a good day. I realized with a phone call that I had missed the kids' conferences, not just one but all three of them! "Seriously?" I mean really, could it get any better than this?


The sweet teachers were very understanding and they kindly re-scheduled for later in the afternoon and all was well:) AHHH....then we came home and I assembled a garland for my mantel (above), made dinner, took a hot bath, made some cookies (emotional-medicine), and watched Fred Claus with the kids. Then my Meme wanted to give me a back rub which I couldn't possibly decline and off to bed they all went. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad couple of days, but with a wonderful, beautiful, so sweet, very good ending.
Sigh...All is calm, All is bright
In my little world,here tonight.
And, I have much to do tomorrow in preparation for Thanksgiving.
So goodnight my sweet friends and ya'll come back now!












LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...