Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away


It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring. Rain makes me want to do some snoring myself. We moved here about 2 years ago. Where I come from, "the high desert," it doesn't rain very often, and when it does it's never for long and the sun is shining again. They say the sun shines there 364 days a year, and having lived there for 16 years I can tell you that is a true statement.

But , we're not there anymore, we're in "the valley" now where its raining, foggy, and wet. The summers here are amazing, it's the other 3 months out of the year that aren't my favorite. I know the rain is good, its nourishing and we need it but I'm SICK of it I tell you, S-I-C-K!

OH goodness, I'm talkin' like its just terrible here and its really not. Its actually really beautiful. I'm just done with the WETNESS.

Here it is, already Wednesday and I've already had some pretty crazy happenings, giving me much ammunition for my Not me! Monday post, so stay tuned for that;)


The daffodils and crocus are already in bloom here in the valley of the shadow of death....Just kidding about that last part:) But really the flowers have sprouted their lovely faces and the birds are singing! It seems too early to me, but daylight savings is just around the corner. Spring is surely on its way and I can't wait!


This is the time of year when:


Soft buds on trees without a sound


Pretty flowers with smiling faces


Rainbows of color cover the ground


In between the empty spaces


New life is sprouting all around


God's son was sent to take our places!



So, rain, rain I guess you can stay I see you're here for a reason.


For March, April and then May, rain's just part of Spring season!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...