Monday, April 13, 2009

A Nacho Libre Moment n' Stuff


I never thought that I'd utter the words, "Quit giving yourself a wedgie." Yet I did, just now, as my daughter who thought she was funny, was going around the dinner table saying, "Look, I'm giving myself a wedgie." And she really was.


It was a total Nacho Libre moment, you know the one where he says in his Spanish accent,"These are my recre-ational clothes." If you don't know, and its because you haven't seen that movie, I don't think I can be your friend anymore:) No, but really it is a very funny flick!


Am I failing as a mother? At this very moment I hear my daughters arguing, my dog whining at my son, who is trying to do his homework, to possibly throw him some food. All the while Steve, my dear husband, is playing the Wii, in the silent sanctuary of his head. Somehow he manages to turn off the noise that surrounds him. Or does he?


Looking around I see dirty dishes that need to be put in the dishwasher, papers that need to be filed, ketchup on the counter, all in all a mess. Yet, here I sit, on my Hippo-buttom-ous blogging. Its a sort of getaway for me, if only for a few moments I'm getting to vent, breath and then jump back in. And, I need to do some jumping now, there's things like wedgies and dirty dishes that need to be tended to.

Holla Back;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...