Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Armoire Re-Do




I bought this piece probably around 6 years ago at Wal-Mart on clearance for, $75. I was so excited because in a small house where the family room, living room and dining room all share the same view, or are in fact the very same room, there's nothing I hate more than a big tv staring back at me.

When I bought it was a yucky stained wood and I didn't like the color of it at all, so I painted and distressed it right away. It has been this same color ever since and quite frankly I'm gettin' antsy to make some changes around here. So I looked around, re-arranged the living room and then there it was standing there looking grim...

So I thought, hey, why not....


So much work still to be done! But this was a fun start. Sorry about the lame yellow box and basket underneath. The box holds the Wii games and controllers and the basket I placed there so you wouldn't see all of the lame wires that are back there:)


Here's a sneak preview of my next little project. Steve bought this sweet bench for me, the seat lifts up for some storage underneath. I love this bench, but it needs some paint, hmmm...Idea's anyone?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...