Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo



In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I wanted to share my favorite Mexican style meal that I make. I say "style" because I sort of made it up and its really not that exciting, but it is super easy, and very yummy!


Taco Soup

Hamburger or other ground meat

Taco seasoning

2 cans of kidney beans

2 cans of black beans

4 cans of water

1 can of stewed, diced tomato's

1 can of corn (drained)

*optional 1 cup of salsa*

Cook and season meat, drain and rinse the beans, so they don't taste canny, then add cooked meat, tomato's, corn, and salsa (if you're adding it), beans and 4 cans of water. Bring it all to a boil and let simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve topped with cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream. Sometimes I instead of tortilla chips I serve with cornbread! MMM...

What's your favorite Mexican food recipe? Please share...

Adios!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...