Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice!

There was this one time when my brother and I made ourselves breakfast, all by ourselves. It was a really big deal. We made rice, one of our favorites, with a dab of butter, cinnamon and milk. YUM! We were so excited and proud of ourselves. We added the SUGAR and SPICE, then took our first bite to find that what we thought was cinnamon was actually chili powder! AAAH! We ruined the whole batch of rice. Lesson learned: spice isn't always nice.


Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice, Huh?
It's been said that little girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Well, as Doc Holiday said in Tombstone (one of my all time favorite movies), "I beg to diffa sir." We're not made of everything nice, at least not all the time, right:)
Its been a very hard, very challenging few days here at the homestead. I had a complete and total emotional breakdown yesterday morning which was awesome. My sweet girl has been quite the challenge for me lately. We need an attitude adjustment. Don't we all sometimes!? Well this time, its my sweet girl. And boy howdy, hot diggity dog does she...We are definitely going through a STAGE people!


Some of my sweet girls best qualities are also some of her greatest obstacles (and mine:). Her determination and strong will, tend to create quite a stir 'round here, to say the least. So, I've taken a deep breath in (through prayer and the support of my sweet husband), wiped away the tears, and I know that I can do this. I can. Do this.
Someday my girls and I will be the best of friends, like my amazing Mom and I are today. But for now, I'm the boss, the head dog, the leader of my pack and so, for now, I must be strong & do my job no matter how hard it may be at times such as these. I am so blessed to have three amazing, beautiful, smart, healthy children. They truly are amazing.
Thank you Lord, for the gift of my children. Thank you for my sweet girl's strength and determination. I pray that you will give me the strength and wisdom to show her how to use it so that she will grow into the amazing woman of God you want her to be. Help me be an example of that woman. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," because that's what little girls are made of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...