Monday, August 17, 2009

SAHM in the House!

Well its official, I'm not going back to work this year. I still need to give my notice, but Steve and I have talked and agreed that its a good choice, at this time in our lives, for me to stay home. I feel so good about it, I'm so excited!

For those of you who don't know, I worked as a classified teacher in a Kindergarten class. Basically I was an assistant for 3 hours each day, teaching the low level readers, and working with the rest. Three hours isn't 8 I know, but its just enough that it causes a weird break in my days, to where I had a hard time getting everything done. It never failed to leave me feeling, unfinished. I also go to school online full time. So, between 3 hours of work, school, the house, the kids and their activities/school, I was always rushed and stressed to say the least! Staying home is going to offer me the opportunity to get on top of things, and I can't wait!!
As summer is quickly coming to an end, Fall is in the air. I hate to see summer go, but I do love Fall. I have a pear candle burning right now, it inspires me to craft, make soup and (Lord help me) BAKE.
This past week I've been crafting up a storm! Preparing for the annual Christmas Craft Bazaar in November. I've lived here for almost 3 years now, and I've participated 2 out of the 3 years. Last year, like I said, I just felt too stressed and cramped for time to participate. Not this year, this year I craft! LOVE IT! You never know I just might get crazy and really try hard to sell my Craftin's on ETSY...I really do want to.
On my list of things to craft:
  • Snowmen
  • Candy Canes (love these!)
  • Sugared Hearts (work in progress)
  • Grubby candles
  • Gift baskets
  • Stars
  • Rusty garb
  • Note holders
  • Sunflowers (these are soooo cute!)
  • and I'm sure I'll think of other stuff...


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...