Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, Not Me!


Brice Creek Falls. This is a picture I found of a creek just down the road from
where I grew up.

My New Year’s resolution is to get back on track in all areas of my life, as a mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a child of God. I grew up in a beautiful place, way up, in the mountains. There was a small convenience store/house a few miles down the road from us, Boyd’s Market, but that was it. So, rarely did a day go by when my brother and I weren’t playing outside making trails through the trees. I used to practice going off the trail, and see how quietly I could do it, you know without breaking branches, or crunching leaves. It must have come from hunting with my dad? I feel that this past year I have gone off through the brush a bit as far as priorities go, and sometimes going off the trail for too long can get you lost.

P: Put the Lord first, then family, then friends…
R: Remember what’s important
I: Imagine, and then make happen
O: Organize my life in all areas, time, home, car, bills, purse!
R: Realize, and make changes accordingly
I: Intentionally do things
T: Think of others more often, and let them know that I was thinking of them by calling them, sending cards, emails, etc.
I:Idle. Be still, breath, let God.
Z: Zeal. Find and create more zeal in life, through laughter, tears, affection & fun!
E: Exercise doing things I love. Horseback riding, playing with the kids, walks with Steve...
~+~


Just a real quick Not Me! for ya...(click on the Not me! link above to join the fun!)


This is NOT a redneck way to start a fire, with a ditch burning torch...NOT at all!

My husband is NOT the guilty redneck who thunk this up...I married a civilized man, with soft hands<3

I am NOT still in my PJ's drinking coffee and blogging at 10:30 in the morning. I have things to do, I couldn't do that.

I am NOT having Bunko at my house for the 2nd month in a row this Friday, adding stress to my NON-stressed days. I'm not crazy, I would never volunteer to do that!

The loft upstairs is NOT scattered with boxes of "CRAFT" stuff spread everywhere, begging to be organized and put away.

I do NOT plan on organizing those boxes today.

I must NOT log off now so I can do all that needs doin'.

Happy, Happy New Year everybody!


Luke 6:38 - "If you give you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving--large or small--it will be used to measure what is given back to you." (NLT)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...