Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

When I was little during this time of year I prayed for snow every single night.  My prayer usually went a little something like this:

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Dear Jesus, I pray that it would snow and that we wouldn't have school so we could make snow angels and snowmen and have snowball fights, and...I pray for a white Christmas.  Oh and Happy Birthday! I love you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

The girls and I are praying for snow.  I would just love a white Christmas!  Sadly, we don't actually have any falling at the moment. We have rain, lots and lots of rain, but if it would just drop 5 degree's we would have snow! So, since its not falling at our house, and we wish it were, our first Christmas craft to celebrate the 25 days of Christmas on the farm was making snowflakes to hang in the girls' windows, we also incorporated some Science and learned a bit about how the shape of the snowflake is determined (by the temperature thank you very much;)). 



24 days til Christmas!! 


Luke 2:10-12
“Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...