Wednesday, January 5, 2011

DIY Topiary

I ♥ topiaries! They're so chic!
I just made this one...


(I played with the picture a bit, because the original wasn't that great:)
All you need to make one of your own is:
  • Styrofoam ball
  • Terracotta pot
  • Piece of Styrofoam to fit inside pot
  • Spanish moss
  • White Glue
  • Chalkboard Paint (optional)
  • Paint brush
  • A stick


My Styrofoam ball was white, so to avoid any showing through I painted it black with acrylic paint, while that was drying, I painted the pot with one coat of the chalkboard paint. 

Then I took a clean paint brush and painted the ball with glue and then pressed the Spanish moss onto the ball.  I'm sure there are many different ways to do this, this is how I did it:) It was very messy!
After this is complete, I painted another layer of chalkboard paint.
When everything was dry, I took a piece of Styrofoam and put into the pot, then topped it with Spanish moss, stuck the stick (which I cut from my Wisteria)into the foam ball and then into the pot.  Voila! Easy Breezy!

If you haven't entered my {Giveaway} you still have time! 
♥
"29 Many women do noble things,  but you surpass them all.
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. "


 Join the fun!  This post has been linked with:
A Glimpse Inside Catch a Glimpse Party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...