Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 6: Focus

Day 6 of 31 days to get Organized!
Today challenge yourself to focus on a specific area of your home.  For me, Miss A.D.D. this isn't easy, I'll be really  tryingto focus on the living room and end up in the bathroom and forget what I was doing in the first place.  LOL!
Do what the Flylady suggests and spend 15 minutes a day dejunkin' this area.  For me, if I have more time, I"m definitely going to spend more time, because I like to get it done.  

Have you ever started to de-clutter, and found that you were sitting amongst an even bigger mess than when you started, and an overwhelming temptation to put it all back where it was, when it at least "looked" clean, comes over you?  I have, and in fact I've even given in to that dern temptation:)  Not.  Good.

Here's some inspiration from BHG.com to help get you started:

 Oh if only my mudroom/pantry/garage? looked like this.  I won't even be "keepin' it real" and showing you a
picture of this area in my house!
 I love this idea, I have used these boxes for pictures, (back when you got pictures developed and all;) but I've never used it for DVD's or Xbox games, etc.  I've seen these boxes at Michael's and Wal-Mart for really inexpensive...
 I was just thinking how I haven't utilized my towel cupboards.  I have a lot of wasted space, I need to remedy that!
Only in my dreams would I have a mudroom with an individual cubby for each of us.  I love the use of clipboards & baskets! I would probably put cute tags on the baskets with each person's name.  Just sayin'!
Happy Organizing! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...