Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe

 Welcome to my garden...
{Cucumber flower}

{Pumpkins!}
{Jalapeno's}

{Tomatoes}
This is my first year planting a vegetable garden and it is doing amazing!  I knew I loved gardening, but I didn't know how happy this garden would make me.  Going out there every morning to see what's new always brings a smile to my face.  

{Sweet Corn♥}
{This zucchini literally grows overnight.  This particular little fella will probably be ready in the morning!}
My zucchini plants are literally exploding with zucchini!  I've given it away, fried it, grilled it, made AMAZE-ING zucchini bread and I STILL have a ton left over!!  Twice now I've used a Paula Deen recipe, (who I love BTW and can't believe she is having to endure this ridiculous overreaction by the media and FOOD network!Prayers for Paula Deen♥)and I've never used one that tasted better!
Here is the recipe to the BEST Zucchini Bread in the world!

2 cup grated zucchini 
1/3 cup water 
4   eggs, beaten 
1 cup vegetable oil 
**3 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
2 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1 1/2 teaspoon salt 
3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon lemon juice 
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
**In one of the batches I used 2c.brown sugar instead and it was AMAZE-AROONI!

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.
This recipe is super easy and oh-so-good!  Oh and also-I didn't have loaf pans (CAN YOU BELIEVE I DON"T HAVE LOAF PANS??) so I used a cake pan instead and it worked awesome!  
What's your favorite zucchini recipe?




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...