Monday, July 8, 2013

He Promised

As I write this blog post I'm sitting outside on the back porch.  It's amazing how many things come to mind when you just sit alone, with only the sounds of the birds chirping and trees blowing in the wind, oh, and the occasional car passing by.  


Right now I'm thinking of my brother, my sweet puppy Dozer who passed away last week (Not over it but I know we'll meet again, I believe!), my husband, the blackberries that are ripening ever so quickly, the stupid mole (I hate you Mole, and I will find you!)that is ruining my back yard, and I'm thinking on how very blessed I am by God!  I have A.D.D folks, so my thoughts are random and quick, but deep and heartfelt nevertheless.


Life isn't always easy (Lord knows it ain't easy!), and sometimes it feels like it couldn't get any worse.  Sometimes it feels as though there is a rain cloud following me around that I just can't seem to outrun, and other times it feels like I'm on top of the world.  What I was reminded of today as I sit out here on the porch, is that God never promised easy and he never promised perfect. Then, I came across this old hymn written by Annie Flint and I think it says it best...


God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

God hath not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He hath not told us we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
Never a mountain, rocky and steep,
Never a river, turbid and deep.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.


Thank you Jesus for reminding me of these things and for never failing to fulfill your promises♥ Have an incredible week sweet friends!  


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...