Tuesday, November 30, 2010

He Never Promised it Would Be Easy

Life can be so hard sometimes, and doesn’t it always seem that during the “hard” times is when we turn to God? I know in my own life this is what seems to be the case. It makes me so mad sometimes, at myself. Then I hear that awful voice whispering, “God isn’t going to want you now, where were you when things were good. The reason for these hard times is you. It’s your fault.” I feel so much guilt sometimes because it’s true, I seek God more in times of trouble than I do when times are good.

My walk with the Lord has been like a roller coaster. I’ve had the on fire, nothing can stop me, I’m going to tell everyone in the world about Jesus times, and I’ve had the open my bible only on Sunday’s if I even go to church times. The highs and the lows. There’s a saying by C.S. Lewis, “Relying on God has to start all over every day, as if nothing has yet been done.” Isn’t that the truth!?

 

I know that when I feel the closest to the Lord is when I’m waking up every morning giving Him my day, my life, my marriage, my family. Trusting Him alone to do with it what He may. All too often I get in the way of His good and perfect plan for my life, and slowly but surely I’m not giving Him my day anymore, I run out of time, I’m in a hurry, I’ll do it tomorrow, and any other excuse that finds its way into my day.

No, He never promised this life would be easy or good, but He did promise it will be worth it. I’m reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian for the 4th or 5th time (hello!) and if you haven’t read it I would highly recommend it to any wife whether or not your marriage is in the depths of despair or if it’s never been better! It has really helped me to refocus my relationship with the Lord as well as with my husband. Although we certainly will face hard times in this life as Stormie states in this book, “we have to go through the pain to get to the joy.” Isn’t that the truth! I’ve gone through pain, now I’m seeking the Lord for the joy. Have a wonderful God filled day my sweet friends, put Him first everyday, always, and in all things be thankful!

Galations 6:9
Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Amen!
 
 





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...