Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Grocery Shopping List



I thought it would be interesting to post an example of my typical grocery shopping list for my family of five. So, here is a list that pretty much never changes (boring I know) and I buy these things at least 2x's per month:


  • 2 gallons of Milk


  • 18 eggs Eggs


  • 4 loaves of Bread


  • 2 tubs of Canola Harvest (margarine)


  • 1 lb. block of Mild Cheddar Cheese


  • 10-12 Cheese sticks


  • 10 yogurts


  • 4 boxes of cereal


  • 3 bags of Santitas corn chips


  • Pace medium salsa (industrial size!)


  • Spinach


  • Apples


  • Oranges


  • Bananas


  • Celery


  • Onion


  • Carrots


  • Fish Sticks


  • Burritos


  • Tater Tots


  • Sour Cream


  • Orange Juice


  • 2-4 Frozen juice concentrates


  • Chicken breast


  • Turkey Burger


  • Lunch meat


  • 4+ Corn bread mix


  • 4+ Blueberry muffin mix


  • A box of Snak-Pak's for the kids' lunches (pudding snacks)


  • A box of individual apple sauces for kids' lunches


  • 1 box of Ritz crackers


  • 6 for a $1 Top Ramen


  • 4 cans of black beans


  • 4 cans of kidney beans


  • 2-4 cans of corn


  • 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup


  • 1-2 cans of tomato soup


  • 4-5 cans of Stagg chili if it's on sale


  • 2-4 boxes of Mac 'n' Cheese
This is just my typical list it doesn't count things like coffee, toiletries, paper towels, laundry detergent and fabric softener, etc. I might be missing some things but this is basically what it looks like...
I like to have things on hand that are easy to make like fish sticks, tater tots and burritos for those nights that I'm just zonked or have no time. I'm also not one to buy just one of something. I usually have to buy at least two or I don't feel like I'm getting a good deal. Steve and Austin are huge chips and salsa eaters hence the 3 bags of chips and industrial size salsa. My grocery shopping bill adds up to around, $150 every 2 weeks. I'm sure if I were as savvy as some of you coupon fanatics out there it could be less?
I'd love to get a glimpse of your typical list & how many you're shopping for. Link up and let us in on your grocery shopping secrets.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...